OLA Electric launched two variants of it’s first ever electric scooter model OLA S1 & OLA S1 Pro. The company officially opening direct purchase of electric scooters from 8 Sep 2021 and delivery will begun from October 2021 in 1000 of cities and towns in India.
Here we shares the top 5 best reason to buy and consider checking out:
The Design & Colours
Scooter comes in three different paint finishes – satin, matte and glossy, with Ola’s iconic twin headlamps, superior alloy wheels, ergonomic and fluidic body, sculpted seating, and the largest boot space that fits two helmets comfortably.
Key Highlights of Design and Colours:
- 10 stunning colours – Available in glossy and matte finishes.
- Large boot space – The S1 comes with 36L of generous boot space. Helmets or a week’s groceries, it fits right in
- Iconic headlamp – Distinguishing personality that shines through your ride throughout the day and night.
- Designed to win – Bestowed with the German Design Award 2020, the Ola Scooter rides high on global recognition for innovation, sustainability and excellence in design.
- Comfortable for pillion – With a robust grab rail for safety, a side step and sculpted seating – pillion riders will love how comfortable their ride was!
The scooter sets a new industry benchmarks with a range of 181 KM on full charge, acceleration of 0-40 KMPH in just 3.0 seconds, and a top speed of 115 KMPH.
Key Performance Highlight includes:
- Hyper mode acceleration
- Second to none range
- Cruise control
- Built for all roads
- Most stable handling
- Ready for all situations
- 115 KM/H top speed
- 181 KM range
- 0 to 40 km/h in 3.0 sec
Technology & features
OLA S1 has a digital key feature this enables it to know when you’re near it and unlock it automatically and it will lock itself as you move away. It has a multi-microphone array, AI speech recognition algorithms that have been built in-house, and the sharpest, brightest 7-inch touchscreen display ever put in a scooter.
It has an anti-theft alert system, geo-fencing, and a battery that is flame-retardant and water & dust resistant. It also has front and rear disc brakes and a ‘Hill Hold’ feature which makes riding in traffic and navigating inclines easy.
- Also Read:
- Ola EV Scooter vs Simple One EV Scooter – Price, range, top speed & more
- Ola Scooter Rival Simple One Electric Scooter to be launch on 15 August in India
- Ola EV Scooter top 7 features – ⚡Range, price, power & more
Ownership made easy
- Home service – A portable charger that plugs straight into a regular 5 Amp socket.
- Charge on the go – Hyper-charger network across the country.
- Save more – Almost 43% lesser cost compared to petrol scooter.
The Price, Charging & more…
|Key Fields||Ola S1||Ola S1 Pro|
|Max Speed||90 KM/H||115 KM/H|
|0-40 KM/H||3.6 seconds||3 seconds|
|Range (Full Charge)||121 KM||181 KM|
|Drive Modes||Normal and Sports||Normal, Sports and Hyper|
|Colours||– Porcelain White|
– Neo Mint
– Coral Red
– Jet Black
| – Porcelain White|
– Neo Mint
– Coral Red
– Jet Black
– Liquid Silver
– Millenial Pink
– Anthracite Grey
– Midnight Blue
– Matte Black
|Peak Motor Power||8.5 kW||8.5 kW|
Ola electric scooter price starts at Rs 99,999 for OLA S1 and Rs 129999 for OLA S1 Pro. OLA S1 will be much more affordable than many petrol scooters. After state subsidy in Delhi, OLA S1 would cost just Rs 85000 whereas in Gujarat it would be only Rs 79999. The company has also tied up with banks and financial institutes for an EMI plan starting at Rs 2999 OLA Electric said.
Ola electric scooter has a 3.97kWh of battery capacity, more than 30% higher than the closest electric scooter. OLA S1 comes with a proprietary Battery Management System (BMS) which actively monitors the battery for optimal durability, performance, range, and safety.