Mahindra & Mahindra, one of India’s largest SUV makers has recently launched Mahindra NuvoSport, TUV300, KUV100 and eVerito and is planning to launch at least 7 new and face lifted models in the next two years, which includes the new Mahindra’s MPV (could replace Xylo).
The new Toyota Innova-rivaling MPV is expected to be launched in 2017.
Here are some features expected from new MPV:
- According to the rumors that are reported the MPV project is the first offering of Mahindra’s North American Technical Centre (MNATC) in Troy, Michigan.
- The interiors of the car is expected to be all-new as well and will provide more space than the XUV500, which includes more boot space as well.
- The face of the new MPV will come with vertical chrome slats at the grille area which is in line with the new Scorpio.
- It is also expected that the all-new platform will come with a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine.
- It is also likely to feature downsized 1.99-litre mHawk diesel engine.
- Reports suggest that the company is working on a number of petrol engines for its future vehicles. So it is expected that a 1.8-litre petrol unit may power the new MPV.
- It will be based on monocoque platform designed around front – wheel drive architecture, while it is still not clear the design will be for the brand new car that is to be launched or will be for the existing monocoque product.
- The new MPV might replace the aging Mahindra Xylo.
- The MPV will compete with the likes of Toyota Innova Crysta.
Do you also feels this looks like Jeep products? You’re right! Somehow Mahindra’s previously launched TUV300 and this upcoming MPV looks like Jeep products like Grand Cherokee