Maruti Suzuki plans to launch the long-awaited Jimny SUV in the country now. Earlier India’s largest car company also started exporting three-door exporters to models outside India. In addition, photos of Jimny’s five-door spies dominated the market in the past highlighting the seriousness surrounding the car in view of the Indian market.
Now some important technical details of the India-spec model with 5 door Jimny SUV leaked online before the introduction of the car on the market. Here is what the scriptures show:
Jimny SUV Highlights
- The Jimny SUV will stand 3,850 mm long, 1,645 mm wide, and 1,730 mm high.
- The 5 door Jimny will be 300 mm longer than its 3 door Maruti Suzuki Jimny.
- It will weigh up to 1,190kg, and the ground clearance will be 210mm
Dimension and weight
The SUV will stand 3,850 mm long, 1,645 mm wide, and 1,730 mm high. It will have a 2,550 mm wheelbase. It will weigh up to 1,190kg, and the ground clearance will be 210mm. It will be delivered on 15-inch wheels with 195/80 tires.
The Jimny off-roader will require power from a 1.5-liter petrol engine, four-cylinder K15B rated to deliver 101bhp of power at 6,000 rpm and 130 Nm of torque at 4,000 rpm.
- Also Read:
- Mahindra files trademark applications for XUV100, XUV400, XUV700, and XUV900 nameplates
- Upcoming 2021 Jeep Commander SUV – Will beat its rivals?
The SUV is expected to have a 5-speed manual transmission and a 4-speed automatic transmission. Also, the document states that Jimny’s fuel economy will stand at 13.6 km/liter. And you should know that there is no mention of the AWD or 4×4 option in the list.
While there is no leak in Jimny’s price, it is expected to have the same price as Vitara Brezza. Brrezza currently costs between Rs 7.5 to Rs 11.25 Lakh (Ex-showroom)