Bajaj Auto Ltd. is still in the running as one of the best companies, all thanks to the Pulsar brand of motorcycle. Pulsar was first launched in 2001, gave a new identity to the company and today has a wide range of models. The performance-craving bike lovers will be more than happy as the company is all set to launch its new model of Pulsar series CS400.
Bajaj had first showcased this bike CS400 in Auto Expo 2014 along with Pulsar SS400. It’s ready now and starting selling from this month. So, if you’re interested in CS400! Do visit your nearest Bajaj dealers.
Things to know about Bajaj Pulsar CS400:
- Bajaj showcased the upcoming CS400 at the Auto Expo 2014.
- In the name CS400, ‘CS’ stands for ‘Cruiser Sport’.
- Bajaj Auto’s CEO Rajiv Bajaj during the company’s Annual General Meeting has confirmed that the Pulsar CS400 will finally go on sale by the end of August 2016.
- It is expected that the new bike will be priced around Rs. 2 lakhs, which means that the CS400, similar to other models in the Pulsar lineup, will be priced lower than the KTM model, which is the competitor.
- The new pulsar will go on sale in paint options, which includes Red, Black, Yellow, Blue and Silver, but the official colour variants will be revealed during the launch.
- The new CS400 will be the company’s first ever 400cc motorcycle and will become its flagship product of the year.
- The fuel efficiency of the bike is not yet revealed but as it is a 400cc bike it is expected to give a combined mileage of around 25kmpl (city+highway).
- The company seems to have taken its styling inspiration from the Ducati Diavel, but will be more compact, practical and affordable sports bike for the masses.
- The bike will come with a large LED headlamp and well-designed front cowl with a sweptback visor. The tank outlines are believed to be borrowed from the old Bajaj NS 200.
- The Bajaj 400cc motorcycle is also expected to feature a split instrument cluster with two units, gear shift indicator and a white back-light with a LCD display on the fuel tank.
- It is expected to power the CS400 and will be a re-tuned version of the same 373.6 cc, single-cylinder, liquid cooled motor that powers the KTM 390 Duke.
- This engine is rumored to come with a six-speed manual gearbox and is expected to produce a maximum power-torque of 41 bhp-35 Nm. The engine might DTSi Triple Spark Plug technology for the CS400. It is also expected that the Pulsar CS400 will have a top speed of roughly 165 km/h.
- It will come with disc brakes at both ends and feature 17-inch alloys. It can also be offered with a single-channel ABS as standard while a dual-channel ABS will cost extra.
- It will have a 6-speed gearbox that will be sending power to the rear wheel.
- Even though the concept bike had a single seat, the production model will come with split seats.
- The bike will come with an all-digital instrument cluster which might offer speedometer, tachometer, fuel level, odometer, gear shift indicator and many tell tale signs.
- The Bajaj Pulsar CS400 will give tough competition to Benelli TNT 300 and KTM Duke 390.
As CS400 has announced to launch this month in August 2016 has spotted testing again just before the launch corner. Here are some spy pics from Motoroids:
You must log in to post a comment.