Isuzu, the Japanese auto-mobile brand entered India in 2012, with its D-Max pick-up and the MU-7 SUV. Isuzu is now planning to bring the new MU-X, which will be the successor to the MU-7. The SUV is expected to reach showrooms by the end of this year and is expected to be priced between Rs. 23-27 Lakh.
Here are some of the expected features of the upcoming SUV:
- In terms of design, the MU-X is more stylish than the MU-7. The face of the SUV features a twin-slat grill in chrome.
- It is bordered by projector headlamps. The grille and headlamp collection form a V-shaped front fascia to the MU-X, in line with the recently launched D-Max V-Cross.
- The side and rear profile, particularly the wrap-around rear wind shield, looks like the Chevrolet Trailblazer.
- The MU-X is expected to come with 230mm ground clearance.
- The SUV will also feature automatic climate control, cruise control and an eight-inch touch screen infotainment system.
- It will come with electronic stability control, traction control system, emergency brake assist, hill start assist, reversing camera, rear park assist sensors and engine immobiliser.
- It measures 4,825mm length, 1,860mm in width, 1,840mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2,845mm.
- The wheelbase of the new SUV has been reduced from 3,050mm to 2,845mm. It is also expected to reduce the cabin space.
- The Indian model is expected to be powered by a 3.0-litre common-rail direct-injection engine that develops 162bhp of power and 360Nm of torque mated to five-speed manual or automatic transmission.
- The SUV will give a tough competition to Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and Chevrolet Trailblazer.
- The MU-X is expected to come with a silver accented steering wheel, 6-way electrically adjustable driver seat, 6-speaker touch screen infotainment system with Bluetooth and navigation, roof-mounted 10-inch DVD monitor, climate control, split and fold second and third row seats, 12 cup holders and 19 cubby holes.
- It will be also be offered with a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed automatic transmission option.