Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. has launched the next generation Scorpio with its new hybrid technology called the ‘Intelli-Hybrid’. This new technology is much more advanced than the Micro-Hybrid tech which the company currently offers in its other Mahindra cars. Micro-Hybrid technology is just a basic auto engine start/stop feature and on the other hand the Intelli-Hybrid is more like Maruti’s SHVS. According to the company other versions of Scorpio starting from the S4 variants will also be equipped with the ‘Intelli-Hybrid’ technology in the coming days.
- Mahindra Scorpio Intelli-Hybrid is available at a price of Rs. 12.84 lakh, ex-Navi Mumbai.
- The Intelli-Hybrid technology will be offered with a 2.2 liter diesel engine variant.
- The car comes with a brake energy recuperation, a larger capacity battery pack and integrated starter motor, which will also function as an alternator, besides an electric motor.
- Intelli-hybrid will soon be available in all grades of the Scorpio, which is equipped with the 2.2L mHawk engine (S4, S4+, S4+ 4WD, S6+, S8, S10-2WD and S10-4WD).
- The company claims that the Intelli-Hybrid system will reduce the fuel consumption by upto 7 percent, which is due to auto start-stop, brake energy recuperation, a larger capacity battery and a starter motor. This starter motor functions as both an alternator and a motor that provides a mild electrical boost in some of the driving conditions.
- Also with the new Intelli-Hybrid system, Mahindra has taken advantage of the tax inducements offered by the NEMMP (National Electric Mobility Mission Plan). This is because the mild-hybrid diesel-powered vehicles are excused from NGT’s crackdown, and the new Intelli-Hybrid system is expected to make the Mahindra Scorpio more attractive.
Pravin Shah, President & Chief Executive (Automotive), Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. in a media statement said, “As an organisation that places keen emphasis on sustainability and eco-friendly practices, across every process and product, we are proud to introduce mild hybrid technology on the Scorpio. By reducing fuel consumption, Intelli-Hybrid helps Scorpio owners contribute towards a cleaner and greener tomorrow.”