Maruti Suzuki launched the S-Cross crossover last September as the first premium offering from the newly established Nexa dealerships. And next year the Indo-Japanese brand will introduce the Suzuki S-Cross Facelift, which is the updated version of the premium crossover. It was recently revealed in Europe with cosmetic updates.
Here are the 10 things to know about the upcoming machine:
- Suzuki has officially unveiled the 2017 Suzuki S-Cross (facelift) in European markets in 11 variants and the prices range between EUR 18,990 to 28,090, which might come to India starting Rs. 14.05 lakhs to Rs. 20.78 lakhs.
- The Maruti S-Cross will come with a chrome-finished grille with vertical slats, projector headlamps with chrome details and LED DRLs in the cluster. It will have a new bumper design with a larger radiator grille, chrome accentuated fog lamp attachments and an updated tail lamps with LED lighting.
- The company claims to bring the new car with integrated softer materials, along with piano black trim around the touchscreen display and chrome accentuated HVAC vents. It will also source the 7-inch unit, which was famous in Baleno and Vitara.
- The Suzuki S-Cross Facelift will come with 1.4-litre turbocharged, BoosterJet engine. Also it is expected that the company could introduce the 1.0-litre turbocharged three-cylinder petrol engine in India.
- The car will feature new and upgraded upholstery, MID unit, instrument cluster and a lot more new features.
- Dimension wise it will measure 1,765 mm in width, 1,590 mm in height with a wheelbase of 2,600 mm. The ground clearance will be 180mm while it tips might weight 1,180 kg. The boot will be able to hold 353 litres of luggage and the fuel tank capacity will remain at 48 litres. With the addition of new bumper and grille unit, the length, which is currently 4,300 mm, might slightly increase.
- It will have a vertically slated grille is the center piece and will also accompany an enlarged radiator grille. It will also have projector headlamps with chrome detailing, chrome garnished fog lamp enclosures and a revised front bumper. The side profile will remain the same as the outgoing S-Cross model.
- The rear end has not received any major changes and is expected to come with C-shaped tail lights. Also there are no changes in the rear bumper and will have a mono exhaust pipe integrated into the diffuser assembly.
- There are some more features, which need to noted down is the leather wrapped steering wheel, HID projector headlamps, reverse parking camera, LED Positioning Lamps, leather seat upholstery, 16-inch alloy wheels, Smartplay infotainment system, navigation, cruise control, voice command, auto dimming Inside Rear View Mirror, automatic headlamps and rain sensing wiper.
- The Maruti Suzuki SX4 S-Cross facelift will give a tough competition to the likes of Hyundai Creta, Nissan Terrano, Renault Duster, Ford EcoSport and more.