The Vespa brand enjoys a history in India, as erstwhile collaborators with LML making geared scooters that were popular at one time. Like all good things however, the LML JV was dismantled in 1999, Piaggio having setting up a spanking new manufacturing unit at Baramati in 2007.
Piaggios first scooter here, the LX 125 is set to launch on schedule later this month. The Vespa LX 125 is an automatic, retro looking scooter, paying tribute to the original 1946 Vespa with retro styling. It’s a compact vehicle, with plenty of rounded curves and a cute, headlamp, flanked by chrome rear-view mirrors. The front apron sports a centre cowl, reminding of scooters from the past, apart from a chrome grille that houses the horn and a set of tall, rectangular indicators. A curvy front mudguard guards the front suspension and multi-spoke alloy wheel.
- Piaggio Vespa LX125 Creating a buzz Soon After its Launch (bikesinindia.wordpress.com)
- Piaggio to launch Vespa on 26th April (bikesinindia.wordpress.com)
- Retro magic (thehindu.com)
- Piaggio returns to India with the New Vespa (bikesinindia.wordpress.com)
- Piaggio’s brings iconic Vespa scooter back on Indian roads! (trak.in)